First and foremost, we want to express our sincere concern for everyone who has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Since opening our first Grand Lux Cafe more than twenty years ago, we have been dedicated to genuine hospitality and taking great care of our people so they can take great care of you.
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and guests is always our number one concern, and we are approaching the reopening of our restaurants with that as our guiding principle.
We have been making preparations to reopen our restaurants with the utmost care and have already reopened three locations, with more scheduled to reopen in the weeks that follow. (Please check our Locations page to see if a reopening date has been announced yet for your local Grand Lux Cafe.) We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest and wanted to share with you some of the actions we are taking to ensure your safety:
- Reconfiguring seating in the dining room, patio and bar to meet social distancing guidelines
- Using floor decals to remind guests in our lobby to keep to social distancing protocols
- Having dedicated staff through every meal period solely responsible to sanitize all high contact areas
- Ensuring that our teams have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home if they’re not feeling well
- Conducting wellness checks of all staff members before each shift, including temperature checks with a thermometer
- Providing all staff and managers in our dining rooms and kitchens with personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves
- Reinforcing staff handwashing routinely
- Having hand sanitizer available in our lobbies and restrooms for guests
- Using text paging to allow guests to wait outside of the restaurant without using a pager
- Providing a QR code for guests to scan to access a digital menu on their mobile device should they prefer not to use one of our sanitized menus
- Not presetting any tables
- Providing takeout containers for guests who prefer to wrap their own leftovers
- Allowing for contactless mobile payment at the table with the guest’s personal device
- Sanitizing pens after guest use
We are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience when picking up take-out orders from our restaurants. This includes:
- Ensuring proper social distancing is maintained; This includes increasing the distance between our guests and cashiers to minimize contact, and placing markings on our floors to help guests distance themselves from others
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cashier counter surfaces and pens after each use
- Positioning our credit card machines so that guests may swipe their own credit cards without staff assistance
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for those guests who request utensils
We are taking extra precautions to help ensure that your delivery order gets to your door safely. This includes:
- Sealing the outermost packaging to ensure that there is no contact with your food from the kitchen to your door
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for delivery orders for those guests who request utensils (However, if you don’t need utensils, there is an option to decline them in the order process.)
- Ensuring that Dashers maintain social distancing when picking up orders from our restaurants
Our delivery provider DoorDash has implemented the following:
- Orders will automatically default to the no-contact option, "Leave it at my door." You can also leave additional details about the drop-off location, such as "Leave next to the plant" to help your Dasher.
- They are offering hand sanitizer and gloves to Dashers
- They are also in direct communication with health experts regarding best practices
We have been following the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments and will continue to do so throughout this evolving situation.
We encourage you to stay healthy and we look forward to serving you soon.
David M. Gordon