1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbl. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1-1/2 Cups Buttermilk
2 ea. Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
3 Tbls. Lemon Zest, minced
1 Tbl. Poppy Seeds
2 tsps. Vegetable Oil
Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds into the bowl with the buttermilk. Using a wire whisk, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk. Continue to gently stir and fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat 1/4 tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6” in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2-1/2 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles will start appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
- Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes or until done.
- Place two pancakes onto each serving plate and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
Serves: 4 (2 pancakes each)
View More Recipes